Thursday, October 30, 2008

Everyone is okay

No school today, so I decided to take the girls to the pumpkin farm. We had an accident when we were turning to go into the parking lot. Everyone is okay, but the car is probably totaled. Air bags went off, I lost my glasses, my door was stuck shut, and the girls were crying in the backseat. I was in a panic when the other driver came over and told her to call 911. I couldn't find my phone either. I finally got my door open and Mr Gust (the farmer) helped me find my glasses. I got Ainsley and Anna out of their carseats when I realized that they were okay - just scared. Mr. Gust was talking to Ains while I got Anna out of the car. At that point she was crying because she wasn't going to gert a pumpkin and see the animals. He was so sweet. He told her that he owned the pumpkin farm and that he would be sure that she saw the animals and got a pumpkin. He walked us across the street and Ains let Mrs. Gust hold her. She got Ains an extra jacket to put on when she said that her hands were cold. The sleeves were long, so she kept her hands inside of them. The ambulence arrived to check everyone out. Julie, the EMT that helped us, heard Ains say that she was scared. I was reminding her that Uncle Paul looks funny in all of his fire gear, but he's still Uncle Paul when she took off all of her gear. She said that she didn't need it and it would make Ains feel better. They gave both of the girls a small fleece blanket and a stuffed animal. It was so nice. I asked if the stuffed animals are donations - they are. I'm going to send some animals to repay the favor for another family. Paul arrived when we were done in the ambulence and took the girls to the pumkin patch while I finished with the police. The Gusts wouldn't let us pay for our pumpkins when we left. Everyone was so nice.
At dinner we always say what was our favorite part of our day. Ainsley's answer? The pumpkin patch.

No comments: